Explore our Self Guided USA Motorcycle Tours
Planet Chopper’s Self-guided motorcycle tours are the ideal way to travel, we pre-route the itinerary into a GPS and pre-book hotels so that you can travel with freedom, confidence and zero pressure. New Zealand is a surprisingly big country. Whether your motorbike trip is 3-days or 12 days, you need a clear plan of attack.
By choosing to do one of our self guided motorcycle tours in New Zealand you eliminate the risk of missing out on what only locals know about. Motorcycle rental is great for short blasts around the cities but on big trips to the Southern Alps or from north to south island our self-guided tours are highly recommended.
Are you ready?
Our Self-Guided USA Tours
Ride Route 66, the planet's most famous road. A must do for every serious rider. From east to west it’s historical, beautiful, demanding and inspiring at every mile.
Committed to Excellence
Average Rating 5/5
Average Rating 4.6/5
Average Rating 5/5
Destinations & Highlights
Grand Canyon Heli Ride
Tail of The Dragon
Wheels Through Time Museum
WHAT YOU’VE SAID ABOUT US
Independent Service Rating – Based on 80 verified reviews
Why Take a Guided Tour?
Most of our motorcycle tours are one-way allowing you to get the most of your time in the country. We also offer self-guided motorcycle tours if you want your road trip to be flexible.
Our USA motorcycle tour reviews all follow the same line: a hell of a party, cool motorbikes and professionally planned trips. You can choose to ride cruisers, baggers or custom motorcycles and pick between Harley-Davidson, Triumph or customized Honda Fury’s.
What are you waiting for?
- Late Model Motorcycle Rental
- 4 Star Hotel Accommodation
- Planet Chopper T-shirt and Cap + Ride Guide Booklet
- Not included: Airfares, personal health insurance and alcohol.
Our Team in The USA
Father and son Mark and Ben van Leewarden had ridden large tracts of the US on choppers, including coast-to-coast and down to Key West, when they first met American friends John Devonshire — connecting at The Smokeout ‘Back Street Chopper’ Rally in North Carolina.
John is the type of person who makes ‘The South’ so special: loyal, hardworking, and family-orientated guys obsessed with combustion. The friendships set the foundation for Planet Chopper, with the goal of sharing the rich experiences with other riders.
Mark Van Leeuwarden
Ben Van Leeuwarden
Denise “Diesel” Graham
Dedicated Support Team
We have a support vehicle with a trailer for luggage and a spare motorcycle. The support truck driver offers additional support, and we always travel with a mechanic to keep the wheels rolling.
Prefer a Self-Guided Tour?
How it Works
- Choose your tour and book instantly via our booking software. You can ride at any time of the year.
- A 20% deposit is required to reserve your spot.
- We book your 4 to 5 star hotels, and your motorbike rental is reserved. We send you a detailed ride guide.
- Your deposit is required 45 days before your departure
- Arrive at our depot in Auckland. We teach you how to use the GPS, including one short practice run.
- Time to ride!
- The GPS takes you along our pre-routed track which includes stops for gas stations, attractions and your hotel each evening.
- All your hotels are pre-booked; you just mention your name at
check-in. The ride guide includes recommendations for restaurants and bars for each evening.
- We have a 24/7 dedicated support team should you have any issues. Your trip is also covered by 24/7 roadside assistance.